AnsweredAssumed Answered

Moving Glitches

Question asked by wiwalters@shaw.ca on Oct 24, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2013 by shaw-colin

Why does Shaw not automatically book a tech to remove your phone jack when you call Shaw to give notice of move?  They should look at your account, tell you exactly what equipment needs to be returned, and book the tech to remove their phone jack.  I didn't even know I had a phone jack because it was hidden behind the door of a closet!  Now I'm charged for leaving it behind! 

And another thing, I asked to transfer my account to my new address and add my husband's name.  I was not told that my old account was closed and a new one opened, and that this would mean I'd have to change my Shaw payee information on my online banking.  What then happened was I thought I was paying my Shaw bill each month via online banking, but I was paying on my old account! 

Shaw really needs to change its act to obviate the potential for these glitches.  They deal with moving issues all the time, so why not make it work for the client instead of making it seem like a racket meant to ultimately gouge the client?

Outcomes