Eddie6300
Grasshopper

ShawPhish.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- recent new year upgrades -- the "new year" was not "re...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Eddie6300 -- recent new year upgrades -- the "new year" was not "recent".

Plus, given the takeover (April 2023) of Shaw by Rogers, I expect that Shaw's mail-servers are "frozen", during the transition, i.e., no "updates", and/or no "non-transparent" updates.

All rights reserve -- there should be a final "s".  Scammers have weak spelling & grammar skills.

New version -- what is the underlying URL?  It probably is NOT a Shaw web-site, e.g., ending with "shaw.ca".

Also, a genuine E-mail from Shaw would identify you by your name, at the start of the body of the message.

Stinky, stinky, stinky.  It's good that you asked about the message, rather than naively "clicking" and entering your ID/password/mother's-maiden-name/birthdate/credit-card information.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rstra
Grand Master

@Eddie6300  Yes

Jump to solution

-- recent new year upgrades -- the "new year" was not "re...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Eddie6300 -- recent new year upgrades -- the "new year" was not "recent".

Plus, given the takeover (April 2023) of Shaw by Rogers, I expect that Shaw's mail-servers are "frozen", during the transition, i.e., no "updates", and/or no "non-transparent" updates.

All rights reserve -- there should be a final "s".  Scammers have weak spelling & grammar skills.

New version -- what is the underlying URL?  It probably is NOT a Shaw web-site, e.g., ending with "shaw.ca".

Also, a genuine E-mail from Shaw would identify you by your name, at the start of the body of the message.

Stinky, stinky, stinky.  It's good that you asked about the message, rather than naively "clicking" and entering your ID/password/mother's-maiden-name/birthdate/credit-card information.

TALK TO US
We're here to help