Jump to solution

McAfee Settings Access Problem

billyaims
Grasshopper

My son gave me his HP laptop. It is newer than my HP laptop.

I cannot access any of his McAfee security settings such (Quick Clean, Virus Scan, About) on his laptop. His also looks different than mine but I can't get access to his version.

We are both Shaw McAfee customers but he is rural with Internet 30 while I am city with Blue Curve Internet 300.

Do you have any possible explanation for the problem.

Should I uninstall McAfee on his laptop then redownload it under my account.

Please help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- Should I uninstall McAfee on his laptop, then redownlo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@billyaims -- Should I uninstall McAfee on his laptop, then redownload it under my account.

Yes. Or, just uninstall it, which will reactivate the Windows Defender anti-virus software which is built-in to Windows 10.

Supplying McAfee was a great idea, years ago, when there was no anti-virus software included with Windows XP, and the onus was placed on the user to install something, such as the free Microsoft Security Essentials, or pay for some product (AVG Professional, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, et cetera).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

-- Should I uninstall McAfee on his laptop, then redownlo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@billyaims -- Should I uninstall McAfee on his laptop, then redownload it under my account.

Yes. Or, just uninstall it, which will reactivate the Windows Defender anti-virus software which is built-in to Windows 10.

Supplying McAfee was a great idea, years ago, when there was no anti-virus software included with Windows XP, and the onus was placed on the user to install something, such as the free Microsoft Security Essentials, or pay for some product (AVG Professional, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, et cetera).

TALK TO US
We're here to help