Jump to solution

Arris XG1v3

woomera
Grasshopper

Currently , I have 2 TVs each with a DCX-3400M PVR. With all the equipment up for sale , I thought I'd ' update '.

I bought an XG1v3 for my main TV and ideally would like a ' portal ' for the bedroom TV to share recordings. My  'problem' is that I'm not sure which model of portal to look for. So far , I've only seen the earlier Gateway systems and portals for sale ( the Arris one WITHOUT the HDMI out on the main unit )...I haven't seen an XG1 with a portal.

So , my question is will a first gen portal work with the XG1 ? To further complicate things it appears from photos that there are 2 different portals ( with differing controls and front ports ) with the earlier units. I haven't been able to figure out the difference 🙂 What do I need for the XG1 please ? ( model number if possible ) 

As well , When I hit the power button on the remote to turn the XG1 off , the red light on the front flashes to acknowledge receipt of the signal , but the blue power button doesn't seem to turn off ?  I have to press and hold it until it turns red ? Is this ' normal ' ?  TIA .

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Many thanks ...Appreicated !

woomera
Grasshopper

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

You can use either the MP2000 or MP2150 portal with that...

rstra
Grand Master

You can use either the MP2000 or MP2150 portal with that gateway.

That power button behaviour is normal, the box never really turns off. 

Jump to solution

woomera
Grasshopper

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help