Jump to solution

Can not delete recordings

rdgee
Grasshopper

We have an ARRIS DCX 3510 PVR. Over the last few days we have noticed that we can delete some programs after watching them but we can not delete others. We cannot delete those programs even from the main menu.

We have rebooted the PVR.

We have changed the programs "Keep until" feature from "Space is needed" to "I delete". The programs still do not delete.

Suggestion, please?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I had same issue. 2 out of my 5 recordings wouldn't delet...

DianeBee
Grasshopper

I had same issue. 2 out of my 5 recordings wouldn't delete. Unplugging didn't work. Finally found a solution. Press green diamond D button on remote when you are viewing your recordings. It will add a grey box beside each recording. Highlight the program you want to delete then press the left arrow key next to the OK button on remote to bring up a check mark in grey box. Press Guide button on remote to bring up Ok, delete recording(s) menu. Press Ok on remote to delete. Repeat for any other recordings you wish to delete.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jump to solution

I had same issue. 2 out of my 5 recordings wouldn't delet...

DianeBee
Grasshopper

I had same issue. 2 out of my 5 recordings wouldn't delete. Unplugging didn't work. Finally found a solution. Press green diamond D button on remote when you are viewing your recordings. It will add a grey box beside each recording. Highlight the program you want to delete then press the left arrow key next to the OK button on remote to bring up a check mark in grey box. Press Guide button on remote to bring up Ok, delete recording(s) menu. Press Ok on remote to delete. Repeat for any other recordings you wish to delete.

Jump to solution

Thank you for this solution.  None of my recordings would...

Starwanderer
Grasshopper

Thank you for this solution.  None of my recordings would delete all of a sudden.  I tried Shaw help after unplugging and rebooting.  They couldn't help and wanted to delete and reformat all my recordings!  So I searched and found this terrific solution.  You think a technician would know this.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote: You think a technician would know this. Did you ta...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Starwanderer wrote: You think a technician would know this.

Did you talk to a front-line Shaw Agent, who had training to answer "common" questions, or to a second-level "technician" with broader training & experience?

Employee recruitment, training, & retention is an issue for many companies, from McDonalds to family-practice doctors, including Shaw Together With Rogers.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thanks very much. We found you can use this technique to...

rdgee
Grasshopper

Thanks very much.

We found you can use this technique to place check marks beside several recordings and then delete them all at once.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help