Unauthorized changes on account

CMP
Grasshopper

On three of the past four days, I have received an email from Shaw notifying me of changes on my account. This was news to me as I never made any changes nor is anyone authorized to make changes on my account. The new order summary was not spam as it included my account number and all our correct services except for the addition of a movie package (Crave, etc.). I called X1 and chatted X2 with Shaw representatives who reversed the changes every time but they are not able to tell me why this is happening. The last representative was from PEI(?) and I could barely understand her correspondence as my 9 year old kid has better english. I don't think Shaw can arbitrarily add things to your account without authorization and I can't keep reversing the changes every day. The Shaw reps don't seem overly qualified to help other than the standard topics. Has anyone else had this happen or have any recommendations?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Shaw should be able to review their records for your acco...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Shaw should be able to review their records for your account, to give the date/time that the package was added, and how it was added (telephone? through My Shaw?) and how they verified that the caller verified themselves (name? calling telephone-number?)

Did you accept a "30-day-free-trial" of Crave, about 30 days ago?

Within My Shaw, select "Bills" (from the pull-down at top-left) and then scroll-down to "Transactions".

Pick a "start-date", e.g., January 1, let it default to today as the "end-date", and show all the transactions over that time-period. Anything unusual?

0 Kudos

Do you have BlueCurve TV equipment in your home? If so, i...

shaw-valerie

@CMP Do you have BlueCurve TV equipment in your home? If so, is it possible that another member of your household has ordered the channel from the set-top? If that is the case, you can prevent future channel and on demand orders by setting up a purchase PIN in the parental controls settings, as shown on this page

0 Kudos

I did not order Crave tv.....cancel this....not paying fo...

Gail1950
Grasshopper

I did not order Crave tv.....cancel this....not paying for it

0 Kudos

You need to call or chat in to Rogers to make changes to...

rstra
Grand Master

@Gail1950 You need to call or chat in to Rogers to make changes to your account. 

-- also, logon to the My Shaw Portal, and change its pass...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Gail1950 -- also, logon to the My Shaw Portal, and change its password, to try to prevent any unauthorized additions (PPV, new channels).

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

Follow the advice from @rstra to contact Shaw/Rogers [1-888-472-2222] to "cancel".

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help